JavaFX – My Wish List
May 31, 2010 20 Comments
Independent.. Unplugged.. No “Corporate” Strings Attached..
Just thought of putting down my wish list..
- Offline Deployment: Users must be able to deploy and execute JavaFX applications in various mode without depending on dl.javafx.com. Yes, with current deployment its much easier to handle deployment and auto-update of runtime (users just need to install JRE). But this is real blocker for Enterprise adoption of JavaFX. In addition to that customers may have some apprehensions related to availability of runtime, even though there are no issues.
- WebKit for JavaFX: Most of web services provide HTML content, many of authentication mechanism also needs browser support. It will be great if a JavaFX WebKit component is added.
- Lazy Loading: In addition to JDK 7 feature – Project Jigsaw, deployment APIs can be provided which will help to differ download and initialization of different features of application.
- Prism Toolkit: Yes, This is work in progress. Waiting for this to be default Toolkit…
- Mobile Runtime: As of now mobile runtime is made available only for Windows-Mobile platform. For wider adoption, runtime have to be made available on other platforms such as Android.
- Better Samples / Demos: Official JavaFX samples was suitable for introducing the new script and basic platform features. Now the platform has matured. Hence we need to have better samples / demos which reflect complex use-cases. Its already under progress in oracle mix forum. We can also include some “best practices” guide. This is really important…
Things like more controls are not included in my list. The platform provides stable framework for controls. Now it should be straight forward to include more controls. So this is not really an issue. More controls will be added soon. Yes we need more documentation on controls framework and CSS.. Hope I didn’t miss anything.. Hope my wish will be fulfilled soon…